Quable's PIM software: the solution connected to the brands' IS
You want to facilitate the management of your product sheets by automatically distributing them to all the other platforms and applications of your IS? With Quable, it's possible! Automatic translation of product sheets, feeding of e-commerce platforms or media management: discover how Quable's PIM software facilitates connections!
Interconnection: the essential asset of a software PIM
Managing your product catalog with an Excel file can be endless, and the risk of error is high. This is exactly what a solution will remedy PIM. A software PIM (Product Information Management) is an essential tool for a simplified and secure management of all data related to your products.
In addition to organizing the attributes to be filled in and centralizing everything, PIM makes it possible to collect and distribute product information to other tools in your ecosystem (ERP, e-commerce, marketplaces, PLM, etc.). For optimal efficiency, it is essential for PIM to have functionalities that simplify theintegration and sharing of product data with the different software used by the information system (IS).
Quable: facilitating connections
The objective of PIM is to be connected to all the technological solutions available to the company's information system, whether they are internal or external. And with Quable, connectivity between IS tools is a breeze!
Import and export of files
Quable has a file import and export platform (CSV, XLS) with numerous functions, for a tool adapted to each problem:
- management and definition of import profiles (brief description, link to the documentation page, list of existing import profiles, etc.);
- field mapping and product characteristics ;
- launch of imports (management of content import parameters) ;
- import planning (management of parameters and frequency of imports and recurrence cases) ;
- file format reference (defined by specific columns, depending on the file type) ;
- SFTP / HTTPS integration ;
With an activity log, all data flows can be monitored at a glance:
- check in and out ;
- Ensure that imports are complete;
- consult the error report to make any adjustments.
API and Webhooks, to automate tasks involving multiple applications
Focus on the API: Application Programming Interface
With its REST API, Quable can connect in real time to other IS applications.
But what is an API? It is a coded interface that allows multiple applications to interact within a single secure environment. Using an API has many advantages:
- no need to have compatible applications: the API translates the data into a universal language to make all functionalities available;
- the API works with a unique key: the exchange of information is completely secure;
- the API is often expert in a domain: it is then easier to use, understand and secure.
- Connections and tasks take place in real time: the API is fluid, fast and adapts perfectly to your environment.
Focus on Webhooks technology
The main interest of the API lies in the fact that it can automate the actions that follow the data exchange. This is possible thanks to the Webhooks technology. It allows to set up one or several actions following an event. It will thus be possible to :
- send notifications to other systems (e.g. for data updates or deletions);
- facilitate contribution and collaboration;
- implement more or less complex scenarios (integration of a photo shoot with Asana, updating a CMS, etc.).
All these actions are done in real time and are automatically triggered when an event is detected. In addition to considerable time savings due to theautomation of certain tasks, Webhooks technology facilitates collaboration and responsiveness within companies and with partners.
Compatibility with major technology players
In order to make integration accessible and simplified for all its customers, Quable'sPIM is connected to a whole technological ecosystem:
The different sales channels (e-commerce or multi-channel) are coordinated to guarantee an optimal customer experience. Compatible tools are Shopify, Big Commerce, Magento, Sylius, Proximis, Prestashop, or Salesforce commerce cloud.
Marketplaces and syndication
There are solutions to quickly distribute all product data to online channels (marketplace, online sales site, affiliate programmes etc.). These include Lengow, Neteven, Tradebyte, Comarch and Alkemics.
If you need to automatically translate your product sheets, Quable integrates interesting plugins to interact with solutions like TextMaster, Deepl, Google Translate or Quill.
To create paper publications, such as catalogues, in an automated way, there are tools that can be connected to Quable such as 65bit or J2S.
ETL (Extract Transform Load)
ETLs, such as Integromat or Talend, allow data from different sources to be collected, pooled and synchronised.
CMS such as Drupal, WordPress or Prismic have revolutionised content management with easy-to-use solutions that do not require web development.
ERP & PLM
To manage the product throughout its entire life cycle, companies use software such as Cegid, Microsoft Dynamics 365 or SAP, Sage, Odoo or Divalto, all of which are compatible with Quable.
To implement an effective omnichannel strategy, having a good interconnection between a PIM solution and an ERP is essential.
Quable has provided a connection to media asset storage and classification tools such as Keepeek or Bynder.
In addition to the numerous ready-to-use plugins, it is possible to develop customised connectors with Quable's integration partners, in case of specific needs. One thing is certain: Quable has foreseen every possible scenario to make product data management simple, reliable and fast.
Pooling and making reliable product data: the case of the De Neuville chocolate factory
In contacting Quable, the company De Neuville had just identified a problem related to its data. This renowned French chocolate manufacturer was experiencing a real problem with the interconnection with its ERP:
- raw, unprocessed and unshared data from multiple sources (ERP, Excel, etc.);
- teams who needed a collaborative solution to establish marketing, technical, packaging, batch, recipe and ingredient descriptions;
- a highly seasonal activity (end of year celebrations, Easter, etc.) and an increase in the workload linked to the renewal of the product catalogue.
The Quable team was able to respond to the problem and implement a suitable solution, as De Neuville's IS manager explains:
" Quable has enabled us to ensure reliability and quality of item and media data across all our systems. The shared Excel files have been completely eliminated and replaced by reliable interfaces that we control and develop according to the services we add. Its openness to different APIs offers wide possibilities and ensures optimal synchronisation with our different systems.
Interconnection between technology solutions is essential to facilitate collaboration, optimize operational efficiency, and ultimately improve the customer experience. This is even more true for companies that want to optimize their omnichannel strategy! With Quable's PIM software, an effective management solution is at your fingertips. Take advantage of it!