Infographic: Evaluate the quality of your product sheets with the PQS (Product Quality Score)
The product sheet is the reflection of your brand. It is thanks to it that your company will be able to attract potential customers or, on the contrary, scare them away at the risk of damaging your image...
It is therefore essential not to neglect them! The product data are the backbone of your e-commerce site, but how to manage it effectively?
To help you understand the importance of a quality product sheet and to guide you in its optimisation, Quable has developed its own evaluation algorithm: the Product Quality Score (PQS) 👉 Discover it in pictures.
Did you know that?
- 30% of Internet users have already abandoned a shopping basket because of an incomplete product description.
- 86% of customers say they would not repeat a purchase from an e-retailer with inaccurate descriptions.
This is particularly true in the fashion sector where 1 in 4 consumers have returned a garment because of a bad description.
What is the PQS?
The Product Quality Score is a tool developed by Quable to evaluate the quality of your product sheets. How does it work?
- Based on a URL, we collect a sample of product listings (up to 500) on your website or online shop.
- These records are then analysed by our algorithm to assign them an overall quality score.
- You get personalised recommendations according to the 4 main criteria.
4 quality criteria analysed
- Quality of the text: grammar, spelling...
- Text length: in line with SEO recommendations
- Key information: product composition, raw materials, place of manufacture, etc.
- Media assets: photos, videos of the product...
Our recommendations to improve your score
- The optimal length of the description is between 350 and 400 characters
- Your descriptions should include information on their composition, manufacture and use
- Text quality! The spelling of your product sheets must be systematically checked before publication
- If possible, the files should contain at least 3 images and not exceed 500 KB
Adopt a PIM solution!
To ensure that all your branded content is properly synchronised, adopt a PIM (Product Information Management) solution .
- Collaborative working is facilitated by a single management platform.
- The risk of errors is limited by the centralisation of product data.
- The completeness of all your sales channels is simply checked.
Why calculate your PQS?
- To have an objective assessment of the quality of your product sheets.
- To identify your strengths and weaknesses - and the levers to activate for more effective product sheets!
- Because the relevance of product information is key to the customer buying experience.
Based on this audit, you will be able to optimise the quality of your records more easily, particularly with a view to collaborative management in a PIM.